- If you are Mormon paying 10 percent of your income in tithing and then suddenly stop paying, you increase your spendable cash by 11 percent!
- According to NBC News, it is estimated that the Mormon Church earns $7 Billion a year.
- The Mormon Church owns about $35 billion worth of temples and meeting houses around the world.
- Since 1985 the church has spent a total of $1.4 billion on relief for disasters such as Japan’s earthquake and Ethiopian famine, and it operates 129 “bishops’ storehouses” with food and household items for the needy.
- That means 0.7 percent of the church’s income has been spent on humanitarian efforts…less than one percent.
- The LDS church claims 14 million members around the world.
- More than half of these members live outside the United States.
- Only about 40 percent of the Mormons counted by the church actually attend weekly services in the United States and Canada.
- In other words, over 60 percent of Mormons counted by the church as members don’t take active steps to participate in Mormonism.
- In many countries, including Mexico, Chile and Brazil, only a quarter of nominal members are active or even consider themselves Mormon when asked.
- Of that “active” 40 percent (using the North America numbers), only about 30 percent of the participating members hold temple recommends, the main distinguishing trait of a “devoted” Mormon.
- These temple recommend holders are the ones the Mormons like to promote as “typical” Mormons. If that is the typical Mormon, then there are only 2-3 million of them worldwide.
- The other 11 – 12 million non-participating Mormons are actually the majority and therefore more “typical.” If you are a Jack Mormon you are typical!
- Young men in the Mormon Culture Region are defecting at substantially higher rates than young women, creating a growing gender imbalance and a surplus of Mormon women. In Utah, self-identified Mormon women outnumber men by a ratio of 3 to 2.
- In no administrative area of the world Church today have MTC-taught missionaries achieved even a 50 percent convert retention rate.
- This fall about 85,000 missionaries worldwide will be knocking on doors and being “really fucking polite” to everyone! There are about 65,000 right now.
- Since it is customary is to assign a pair of missionaries to each congregation, there will be 6,743 surplus missionary teams without a congregation… or 6,743 congregations with surplus missionaries…or hoards of new congregations starting from scratch.
- 70 percent of all Latino converts in the past 10 to 15 years are illegal immigrants.
- Over 1.25 million people have seen The Book of Mormon Musical on Broadway or on tour. That we know of, only 1 person has converted as a result. That’s a 0.00008 percent conversion rate for your faith-promoting miracle story.
- About eight-in-ten LGBT respondents say the Muslim religion, the Mormon Church and the Catholic Church are unfriendly toward them.
- About three-fourths of Protestants and more than two-thirds of Catholics said that extramarital sex and homosexuality are always wrong, compared to 90 percent of Latter-day Saints.
- Utah leads the nation in suicides for men from 18-24 years old, and that an estimated 1/3 of those suicides are tied to homosexuality.
- There is zero archaeological, biological, genetic, linguistic, geographic, geological or metallurgical evidence to support the claims or descriptions in the Book of Mormon.
- Forty-five percent of LDS women and 23 percent of LDS men have married by age nineteen. By age twenty-one 74 percent of LDS women and 49 percent of LDS men have married. This is considerably higher than for any other religious group.
- Eighteen percent of Mormons report that they have been separated or divorced, compared with only 11 percent of Catholics and 10 percent of Jews. After divorce, Latter-day Saints are more likely to remarry than persons from other religious groups.
- LDS women average about one child more than women in other religious groups.
- There are about 16,000 organized Mormon Fundamentalists (polygamists who revere Joseph Smith’s teachings).
- Hymn #69 is: “All Glory, Laud and Honor.