My children have returned to their mother’s and they’ve already started school. That leaves me alone. Of course, one can be alone and not lonely as I explained HERE. But it still sucks to not have them as close as I’d like.
Enough of Debbie Downer! (I hate when comedians break character during skits, but this one is a classic regardless. I obviously don’t have an upgraded WordPress site so I can’t embed video or audio. You’ll have to click out to the links to see them. )
Here are some other sure things that will always lift my spirits and make me smile for the rest of the day. I hope you enjoy these too.
- So You Think You Can Dance but especially the dance routine in THIS Video starting at 19:18. It didn’t get a lot of buzz or recognition at the time and I doubt it’s on anyone else’s list of top dances from that show, but I can watch it over and over and over again and it just makes me happy.
- THIS number from the musical Grand Hotel, with Michael Jeter and Brent Barrett, just makes me joyful, plain and simple. As a side note, Michael Jeter’s personal story is uplifting as well. His Tony Award acceptance speech was incredibly moving.
- The following joke:
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep — not screaming, like the passengers in his car.”
- Hasa Diga Eebowai (Warning! Vulgar and Offensive to some. Don’t listen at work)
- The Flash Mob scene from Modern Family, which led to the best line ever…
“You cheated on me with choreography!”
- The scene in the movie Dan in Real Life where the young adolescent daughter is chasing after her boyfriend whom Dan has just sent away and she shouts back to her Dad, “YOU ARE A MURDERER! OF LOVE!”
- This is really sick and totally Schadenfraude… but the getting-hit-by-a-bus scenes in Mean Girls, Lost and Nip/Tuck shown HERE
- Stumbling upon a wedding… I’ve accidentally witnessed weddings taking place in public several times and each time I do I’m awestruck at the creativity and deep expressions of love that I’ve gotten to observe as a complete stranger. Some have been cheesy and others ultra beautiful but the thing that has always stood out to me was their uniqueness.
- And then the fight started jokes:
A woman is standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband,
“I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.”
The husband replies,
“Your eyesight’s damn near perfect.”
And then the fight started…
- Lastly and certainly not least, handwritten notes and artwork from my children posted on my refrigerator door and all over my house that look like this: